Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Camps!

Dear Compass, Help! I'm trying to decide what to do with the kids for summer vacation. We take plenty of time off during the summer, but we do have some weeks that we both work, and that is when the kids attend summer camps. This year my in-laws, who live in another state, want to take them for those weeks. My husband thinks this will be a great time for the kids, but I am worried about them going all summer without socializing with a group of other children. What do you think we should do?


Camp Mom




Dear Camp Mom,


I don't think either of you is wrong. I enjoy spending time with people my own size as well, but sometimes it is great to be loved and taken care of by someone special. How many weeks are we talking about? Perhaps you can split them between the trips to your in-laws, and a one week camp here or there. Another options would be to make sure you schedule play dates with your kids and some of their friends before or after the trip.


How often are your kids able to see their grandparents? This could be made into an exciting and special time to spend with them. My family went to Europe last year, and they left me with some special friends while they were away. I had so much fun and I was able to explore a whole new place! Your kids might feel the same way. 


Compass


PS - Have a question?  Need advice?  Want an opinion?  Just Ask Compass by sending me an email.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment